Friday, October 10, 2014

Werk n' Stuff

We'll this was my first week as a traveling nutrition teacher! The week was a blur because everything moved so fast, but it was a joy! I really enjoy teaching the kids and seeing the lights come on for them. They are so eager to learn!

This week I was at Neil Armstrong Elementary. They have the cutest fence sign in front of the school. These things are everywhere here. I've never seen anything like it until we moved here. I've seen tennis balls in pedestrian bridges, but that's about it. It was quite a journey, but I enjoy driving. :) I think this job will be a great way for me to learn the town! 

On Tuesday we had a special event for work, so I was at the Botanical Gardens until nine! Because I had those extra hours, my boss told me to take Friday off. My boss is awesome!

Since I had the day off Z, Cole and I went out for a nice lunch at Perry's. It was fabulous!

Also finished the puzzle this week! Not sure which one to do next.

My first-day-teaching outfit

The adorable fence sign

I was way out near Lackland, so these giant things were flying over constantly

I made this chili before I left for work, and when I got home Z had already shredded the chicken, made corn bread, and had the dishwasher running!!!
(clearly someone was trying to get lucky, ha)

Scarecrow Festival Puzzle (sorry for the odd angle, only way I could work the flash on my phone)

Cole enjoying his first bite of Perry's Porkchop

Super yum!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome fence sign! I've never seen one so detailed. Glad you are enjoying your job, it sounds perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete