Monday, October 27, 2014

IUI

So we had the IUI! Zack 'prepared' his 'sample' at home early in the morning and then we had to run it to the office. We thought it would be a quick and simple drop off, but it ended up being quite stressful. They made us take it into a conference room and wait for a nurse named Cheryl. Well I don't know where Cheryl was that day, but she definitely was not in that office. We waited for half an hour for someone to come help us. All we could do was sit there and freak out as we thought "THEY ARE DYING!! CAN'T THEY PUT A HUSTLE ON IT!????" As if having to go through all of this wasn't stressful enough! After they took Zack's sample to go through a washing process we went back home to eat breakfast and wait. About two hours after dropping off the sample we returned for the procedure. I got myself ready and laid on the table. The doctor came in with the sample and said we had 23 million swimmers (you need at least ten mill to do the procedure, so we were sitting pretty)! The procedure was quick and pretty much painless. Insert speculum, wipe the cervix, insert catheter through cervix to top of uterus, inseminate! I had a bit of a full bloated feeling for a few hours after, but nothing requiring medication. Compared to my HSG, this was nothing, After my HSG I was in a LOT of pain, I hardly slept the night after I had it done.

Now we wait! In a week I'll return for hormone levels, then in another week we'll find out if it was successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment