Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Surprise!

About 3 weeks ago Zack and I decided to go home for Christmas. It was a totally last minute decision. Because it was so last minute, I thought it would be fun to make it a surprise! Well as usual, Zack couldn't keep his mouth shut, BUT I still managed to keep it a secret from my parents.

Not too long after we rolled out of our snowy home I wanted to just turn back, but we pressed on. We had planned to stay with Zack's great grandma along the way, but we didn't make it there Sunday night. We crashed in Boise and then finished the trek on Monday (skipping great grandma). We pulled into the driveway right behind my mom on her way home from work, she was so confused, it was awesome! My dad was so happy to see us that he started to tear up (which was SO unexpected, you don't even know).

It's so nice to be home for Christmastime. We're having a lovely stay visiting friends and family, doing Christmas activities (Christmas lights, baking cookies, watching movies), and doing all the special things only our hometown can offer. Things couldn't have worked out any better! We hope you have a Merry Christmas wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment