Friday, December 7, 2012

Awkward Neighbors

To start off this post, let me tell you that we live in a very special place. It's a place full of Mormons (or more appropriately, LDS members). These people are kind and yes, we are one of them. But there's just something about those Mormons who've never left the I-15 corridor. They are....peculiar, and say peculiar things. I haven't quite put my thumb on it yet, but my current theory is lack of real-world interaction.


While I have MANY 'awkward neighbor' experiences, such as "when are you going to start trying to have children", "she won't let her dog play with my dog", and "please tell me that was a Frisbee (from the same neighbor I will be writing about today...and in this situation his quest was to find out why the power went out.....how he got "Frisbee" out of that, I'll never know)"; I will just share today's most recent occurrence.

It went a little something like this:
Me: (Walking to the truck with some trash in hand) Hi.
Awkward Neighbor: Hello there! Looks like you're going somewhere!
Me: Uh, no. Just taking Zack to work (Zack was bringing up the rear with more trash-it's Christmas time, lots of boxes, we aren't slobs, I promise).
Awkward Neighbor: (Silence)

What I gather from this is that my neighbor clearly thought my trash looked like stuff and we were going somewhere. One plastic bag + a cardboard box with clearly more trash in it does not a trip make. I don't know about you, but I don't use plastic bags for luggage. So there you have it. I have awkward neighbors. But I still love them (or most of them anyway)!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha oh man. I only used garbage sacks when going camping (tarps, sleeping mats, whatevs). Poor awkward neighbors. :(

    ReplyDelete