Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Graduation, a Goodbye, & a Big Belly

The weeks are going too fast, yet the days are too long. This week I've really felt "pregnant." It's uncomfortable, and I'm so excited for our baby to come, yet scared out of my mind. I know that's all pretty normal at this point, but it's strange to experience it for myself. I feel a little crazy, but totally awesome all at the same time.

We had a nice morning. Zack and I got out and went shopping at Great Harvest and Sprouts. We had a nice lunch at Chacho's, and then finished off our errands at Costco. A couple hours later my mom called from David's graduation to let me know that Grandma Blanche had passed away. She was in her 90's and it was time. I'm upset that infertility stole the chance for her to bond with our child in this life, but I'm glad she's at peace. I only have my mother's mom left now. Her husband passed just before our wedding (my mom had a really rough spring that year), and Blanche's husband died long before I was born. If you are lucky enough to have grandparents left, spend as much time with them as you can. One of my favorite things to do is listen to the oldest among us talk about their childhood. It's amazing to me how much life has changed in ~100 years.


Mom, David, & Dad after WOU's Graduation
Magna Cum Laude & Honors Program

Here's the whole Honors Program, David's the tallest in the back & center.

Grandma Blanche was unable to attend our wedding (April 2010). We stopped at her house before the reception to say hi and take photos.


We snapped some belly pictures today. Only one more month! This probably means we won't be doing professional maternity photos (*sad face*), since the only photographer I know just had a baby. I think we do an okay job though.












Bonus photos of what I have to deal with in order to get a nice picture with Zack:












2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your grandma passing away! Have you talked to Alison Jenson about taking maternity or baby pics. She took some toddler pics of Dawson Juber and they were great, she is a great photographer and may be able to do some pics for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea she did photography! Does she have a website?

    ReplyDelete