Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Missed Anniversary and Birthday

This past Saturday I had to coach soccer in Pocatello all day so we didn't get to do anything for our anniversary. We ate dinner at 10pm! It was a long, cold, windy day and I was absolutely exhausted. I slept for almost 12 hours! 

I skipped out on choir practice Sunday morning and we went to church just in time to take the sacrament and then we ran our sinner butts to Walmart to do some shopping for Z's big trip to San Antonio. I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, ironing, and packing Zack's suitcase for the trip. 

We got up before 5 Monday morning and I took him to the airport. I didn't really get to talk to him during the trip, but he text me a couple times from his 5 star hotel room to tell me he was having fun and enjoying his stay. He had a big fancy dinner at the white table cloth restaurant the night he arrived. Then he text me saying not to call because he was enjoying a bath! Stinker!

The next morning he had to get up early for his interview and building tour. He had nothing but great things to say about the whole thing. I'm so glad he got to go, over spring break no less! I missed him terribly, especially overnight and then on my birthday. However, I got to visit a couple friends and had a little birthday party with our friends Sabrina and Quinn. Quinn's birthday was Monday so it worked out perfectly to have a little doubled up birthday party. We love them! I really hope that where ever we end up we can find some good friends like them. We will miss them terribly! My first cake I made completely fell apart so I had to make a new one. It was super delicious, but not completely chilled. Not everything can go perfectly! :p Late that night I got to go pick Zack up from the airport (I timed my drive perfectly, he only waited for like 2 minutes). I was so happy to see him! He cruised the shops in the airport and got me some chocolate and work out gear for my birthday. He is so sweet! 

Tomorrow we are going to stay at a themed hotel to actually spend some time together and celebrate our birthdays (Zack's is Friday) and anniversary. :) I can't believe we are in our mid 20's now!


Me on my birthday with my cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment