Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Girl Scouts

Oh how I miss the days of crafts, camp outs, and cookie selling! Back when I was cute! ;)

We got our Girl Scout cookies this week! I just love this time of year. Those cookies and girls pop up everywhere! With their irresistible smiles at the entrances of grocery stores asking if you'd like to buy some cookies, that knock at the door, the special ice cream, even the local frozen yogurt shop has GS cookies for toppings! GIRL SCOUTS AND THEIR COOKIES ARE AMAZING!

You can meet the cookies here: MEET THE COOKIES! So appropriately presented with a green background and thin mints as the first listed cookie.

If you haven't tried them all, you really should. :) Each box of cookies sold helps the Girl Scouts learn skills! How can that be a bad thing!? My personal favorites are Thin Mints, Samoas (which I didn't like as a kid :O), and Tagalongs. The Do-Si-Dos are pretty yummy too, but I haven't had one of those in a LONG time. They really seem to have a cookie for everyone. Berries, lemon, chocolate, plain shortbread (Trefoils, which I have always thought of as THE Girl Scout cookie because of the iconic symbol), peanut butter, mint, coconut, caramel, and now they even have mango! I can't get over how much I love it!


The best part? The girls.

When our Girl Scout delivered our cookies last night she handed them over and then excitedly went upstairs to our neighbors with their "No soliciting unless you're selling Thin Mints" sign on their door. Unfortunately our neighbors weren't home so they decided to leave them with us because we are basically family (to our neighbors). We were in the middle of eating dinner and as you can imagine I had my face stuffed with my amazing food. There was a conversation that went a little like this:

Mother of Girl Scout: Can we leave these with you? They aren't home.
Me (chewing): Of course!
Girl Scout: Are you eating them already?
Me (still chewing): Ha! No sweetie.

It was the cutest thing EVER!

NOW GO BUY SOME GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE me some Samoas! The Thin Mints and Tagalongs are also delish! I didn't know they had so many kinds of cookies... I went to that link and was amazed by all the different kinds! You have convinced me to get a box or two when I get off work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Please do!!! You will make some little girl out there SO happy!

      Delete
  2. It's so true though. There is nothing else I want sold, given, or forced upon me! The sign is cute, rude, and makes a point all at the same time. It's kind of amazing.

    ReplyDelete