Tuesday, April 23, 2013

An Announcement

On Thursday Zack and I had a little getaway after all the craziness last week. We went to Destinations Inn in Idaho Falls and stayed in the "England" room. It was too much fun! There was a giant tub, an aromatherapy steam shower, a giant bed (it was supposedly a king, but I'm telling you it was GIANT), a projector, a bookshelf that was really a doorway to the bathroom, a drawbridge entry, and just pure fabulousness! We were having trouble deciding on where to eat dinner, but we saw Famous Dave's BBQ as we were out and about and that made it easy. As we walked toward the door I knew right away we were in for a treat because the smell outside was HEAVENLY. They sat us down in a cozy booth and we ordered the feast for two. And a feast we had! Incredible amounts of all kinds of meats, each one more delicious than the last. I don't even know if I could give you a favorite, everything was simply THAT GOOD. Since it was our first time, the manager came out to talk to us and give us some of their BBQ sauce! Absolutely fabulous experience. The next morning we ate breakfast at Smitty's (via our voucher from the Inn) and headed home.





Friday was Zack's birthday and we had a fun party that evening with some close friends. It was totally last minute, so I'm so happy it turned out so well. Zack loved it also, and that is what's most important! We had pizza and cake, we played some games, and Z got a few gifts. I'm really grateful to everyone who came and helped make it a party!


Our awesome neighbors Brianna and Terry

Our buddy Lucas tucked in the corner

Zack, Sabrina, Quinn, Brianna, Terry, Kaitlin, Garrett, Lucas, and Braden playing games

My favorite photo - Sabrina and Quinn with Proton

Friday was extra special because not only was it Zack's birthday, but we got a very important phone call. Zack got the job with USAA in San Antonio, Texas! We are so excited and feel so very blessed for this opportunity. That was by far Zack's best present. He starts August 19th. That gives us a few days to get down there and settle in after his graduation.

I can't wait! I'm already going through everything throwing out coats and things we don't need to take with us. I'm definitely a bit too excited! I already know where I'd like to live. It's less than a mile from Zack's work. I've started to look at jobs for myself down there, but I have the exact opposite problem I have up here. There are too many jobs!!! I'm sure I could find a lovely job, if only I could find it! I have lots of time to do that though, so I'm sure SOMETHING will come up. Fingers crossed that I find a job that is worth while, and they don't need someone who speaks Spanish. That is definitely going to be my downfall while job hunting in that area. 

Any moving tips are welcome! We do not like moving, so hopefully we get lots of help from friends at church. We're looking into U boxes so we don't have to drive a U haul for 24+ hours. Then we could just drive our truck (plus kitties!) and take the time to see things along the way like Cadillac Ranch! Woo!

4 comments:

  1. That is so exciting for you two! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited for you two! I bet it'll be fantastic! <3

    ReplyDelete