Monday, April 8, 2013

General Conference

General Conference happens twice a year for us Latter-Day Saints. There are several 2 hour sessions on Saturday and Sunday where we get to hear talks from our leaders. They talk about things like the importance of families, reading our scriptures, the Savior, repentance, and more! It's always very uplifting and helps you get back on track. It's also fun because we can sit and watch it in our own homes (minus priesthood Saturday evening where all the men have to go to a meetinghouse for satellite transmission)!

We had a great time. It's always a big weekend for eating baked goods and feeling like a stuffed turkey for the next week. On Saturday I made the famous "Sausage Souffle" composed of bread, milk, eggs, Italian sausage, and cream of mushroom soup. I know it might sound a little vile, but OMG IS IT DELICIOUS. I also usually make cinnamon rolls, but thought I'd skip them this time (because the ones I make are very involved and make a TON). Then Saturday night Zack confessed he had to have them, oh boy! I've grown fond of my bread machine as of late, and we are becoming quite close. I thought I'd give it a go using the machine. I was only up till about 1:30 in the morning with them fully baked and ready to eat (minus the icing) and minimal effort. Here's the recipes I used this time: Cinnamon Rolls (add some more butter and sugar to that filling, for real!), Icing (I use less butter, and more cream cheese than it calls for, always perfect). I heated a couple up for us in the morning and iced all of them. Total YUM! Not as totally amazing as my usual, but such a close second I will probably revert to these more often when I am craving cinnamon rolls or in a bind for time and effort.

Our friends Sabrina and Quinn often join us to watch a session or two. Quinn had a big Saturday run planned so Sabrina came by and we went to an antique shop and the hardware store in a nearby town between sessions to get some stuff for her to re-pot her plants. They turned out really awesome. She found some cute old pots to put them in. Then she watched the second session on Saturday with us. Zack slept through most of conference I do admit, but it's finals week and he's pulling several all-nighters to get everything done. He works so hard for us! I'm so lucky to have him as my husband! :)

In other news, Zack had an interview Thursday for a big job, but we don't know anything yet, so I'll let you know more about that as we do. :D

2 comments:

  1. He had an interview? I thought he was doing an internship with the Church here in Utah? I bet you're looking forward to a change and getting out of Rexburg when the time comes! I miss Rexburg, but there's so much more to do here in Salt Lake! Glad you enjoyed conference as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does. But he is still looking for a job. He has been invited to a second round of interviews with USAA in San Antonio over my birthday next week. I really hope it goes well because it's a fabulous job that he really wants.

      Delete