Sunday, May 3, 2015

3rd Trimester Blues

Things have not been going so well since I hit my 3rd trimester. I've cried big, fat, ugly tears twice today already, and I'll probably cry again since I just dropped Zack off at the airport and now I'm sad and alone. I've been dang sick for over a week now and I'm absolutely exhausted because 'resting' looks more like painfully laying on my back to avoid coughing, yet coughing anyway and getting no sleep (yes I know "don't lay on your back!"....but it's more like a reclined position with ALL the pillows to keep me in place.....still not very comfortable though). Every night this week poor Zack ended up sleeping in the office because I was keeping him awake. We went to see my doctor Wednesday and she hooked me up with an inhaler and some antibiotics in case things didn't improve by this weekend.

We went to see the new Avengers movie a couple nights ago and I have no idea what even happened in the movie because I was just trying to survive the evening. I wouldn't have gone, but it was a pre-ordered, pre-planned type of thing. By the time we went home it felt like I had a boulder on my chest. All the coughing has made my back, chest, and abdomen so sore that breathing hurts. Coughing is even worse, especially when it causes round ligament pain (pregnancy thing, google it :p). I haven't gotten any exercise this week either which isn't helping. Laying around makes my back hurt, but I can't do anything either because I end up in a coughing fit. Two weeks ago I was comfortably walking 5 miles 3-4 times a week, and now I'm an incapable lump who can't even clean house. I lost at least 2 lbs though because all I have felt like eating are popsicles and ice cream.

Working this week was sooooo difficult. I took the two days off that I could and suffered through the other 3. Things this week should be easier for so many reasons. Even my co-workers were like "you don't look so good" and this pregnant lady took NO offense....because I DID NOT LOOK GOOD.

To top it off I was released from my calling at church that I love, given no new calling, and Zack was put in a calling that is pretty terrible for both of us. I had finally gotten to feeling like we were in a ward where we were known and cared for and now I have lots of icky feelings about it all (not about 'church' itself, just people and the way everything was handled). I hope things will change for the better before baby comes, because this is not how I had pictured things going (but isn't that my life story....things not going as planned when it comes to babies).

I'm feeling better today, but the lack of sleep is really getting to me now. I can't believe the weekend is over already, I feel unprepared for a new week. I'm counting down the days till Zack is back and I'm hopefully feeling much better!

*Update #1: Zack is now sick and stuck in Colorado until his flight back at the end of the week. We need a vacation! Ugh!

*Update #2: Wednesday night Zack sent me a picture of his throat and I immediately knew he needed medical attention. An hour later he was in a hospital hooked up to an IV and prescribed penicillin for Strep throat. Poor guy! They gave him two bags of fluid! Thankfully he was able to hop on a slightly earlier flight and get home by noon on Friday. Now I'm taking care of him and hoping I don't get infected!


No comments:

Post a Comment