Thursday, September 4, 2014

Texas A&M EFNEP

Expanded
Food

and
Nutrition
Education
Program


I've been working my new job with Texas A&M for about a month now and I am loving it! My official title is "Nutrition Education Assistant" and I am teaching youth in after school programs. All I've been doing so far is prep for the school year, but in a couple weeks I'll be out on the road doing mah thang! I'm so grateful for this job. I finally enjoy what I do and feel appreciated and cared for. My awesome co-worker Emily told me about the position when she came to teach our SYP group this summer. Sometimes it pays to open your mouth, even if you aren't graceful and open with "I want your job, how do I get it?" :)

All my co-workers are women with the exception of Jamal, who is hilarious. It totally feels like a family, even though I haven't been there long and don't really know anyone super well. Last week we had a family style breakfast followed by a 6 hour long meeting. Breakfast was so much fun! I can totally see why people love big families.



I converted a few co-workers to pancakes with fruit and whipped cream!

One of my first weeks on the job Emily and I got to go on a little field trip to south San Antonio where our supervisor was promoting EFNEP to gym teachers. So many of them signed up! It was great!
I tried out a new do and really liked it.
Also sporting a new dress!

I have a little bit of a commute since the office is by the airport (which is also super cool because planes fly over constantly), but that's okay because I love to drive. 

With the exception of days like this....

I feel really good about this job and am looking forward to the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment