Monday, August 3, 2015

Cloth Diapers

We've officially been exclusively on cloth diapers for a whole day now and I must say I'm loving them even more than I thought I would! I think if more people gave them a try they'd be smitten too! 

We would have started them sooner had it not been for all that icky newborn meconium & the umbilical cord, plus not wanting to waste the disposables we'd already purchased. We plan on mostly using prefolds and covers, but I must admit I love the Alva baby pocket diapers we bought! I double stuffed one, put it on Zeke around 3 am and it lasted till morning...no leaks! What!? And they come out of the wash perfectly clean (it was a white diaper, it looks unused, amazing)! Using cloth wipes brings everything to a whole new level of easy. I put everything diaper related in one fancy trash can with a washable liner, and it goes in the wash, pail liner and all! 

Also, did you know prefolds make the BEST burp cloths!? For me, it's just another way of simplifying our baby gear. :) And yes, used ones go in the fancy trash can too! 

I love our little set up! Changes are a breeze! So much less mess too since the cloth soaks up everything! No stress if you muck up a fresh diaper either, just grab a new one and toss the dirty one in to be washed! The changer/dresser is mine from when I was a babe. We spiffed it up in preparation for Zeke and it holds a lot!

In the other corner of the bedroom is my nursing station and where baby sleeps (though truth be told Zeke gets pulled next to our bed at night and often ends up in bed with us).

It took a lot of rearranging, and it's not 100% yet (notice the wipe warmer on our yet-to-be-properly-placed speakers), but it's the perfect set up for us at this point in our lives. In the future I'm sure I'll keep babies and their nursery things in our room, it makes everything easier! Plus it gives Zack the opportunity to sleep in the spare room (currently our office and only other bedroom) so he can get the sleep he needs to function at work. Everybody's happy! :D

3 comments: