Friday, August 8, 2014

SYP

This summer I worked for SYP. What is SYP you ask? It's San Antonio's Parks and Rec Summer Youth Program. Sounds fun, doesn't it? That's what I thought too. Anyway, to make a long, painful summer short here's a collection of pictures from our parties, activities, and those not-so-great moments. Enjoy!


A photo from my training at Luther Burbank High School
There were hundreds of people at the training, but I was pretty much on my own.
I guess eating out is all the rage these days.

After lunch I went on a walk. There were a couple of these cool benches.
I really liked them so I snapped a picture!

There was a wall in the main hall that showed where all the seniors were planning to go to college. I spotted this little guy!!!

Here's Shirley J. Howsman Elementary School where I spent my days with the kids.

My co-workers Cassandra, Marko, and Michaelangelo.
These guys were fantastic and I would not have survived without them!

 Some artwork
These are "self portraits" of my group

A nice collection of flowers from their study of Georgia O'Keeffe

A couple drawings given to me by a girl who found out I love The Lego Movie


Our Study on Jackson Pollock

My Pollock painting, yes, I saved it!

"Goodbye" Notes


Artwork of another nature...

((A local artist))

 ((Ladies restroom))

(("The Smear" in the boy's restroom, a lovely going away present the last week of camp)) 

 ((Some very creative people labels))

((Ladies, again))

We ate some food



We played some games



 ((And the winners got to play us counselors!))

And I took some selfies

((Animal Care Services))

 ((Bloody nose))

It  was a difficult summer, but toward the end I really was sad to say goodbye to the kids. I definitely would prefer to never return though. But, if it weren't for this job I wouldn't have my new, totally awesome job ((another post for another day))!

No comments:

Post a Comment